Electrical Safety Inspections & Maintenance in Tampa
Your Safety Is Our #1 Priority
When electricity is involved, safety is always a primary concern. One way to have peace of mind that your home is safe and secure is by having routine electrical safety inspections, performed by an experienced electrician. At JN Electric of Tampa Bay, our electrical safety inspections are an easy and quick way to identify any issues with your home’s wiring. An inspection, along with our top-quality electrical maintenance services, will prevent serious damage, fire hazards, and risks of electrocution. We have received 5-star reviews and industry awards alike—obtaining the A.B.C. STEP Safety Award from 2017-2019 as well as the I.E.C. Spark Safety Award from 2012 – 2019 – that’s eight years in a row!
To ensure your home’s electrical system is safe, call (813) 819-7444 now.
When to Call for an Electrical Inspection
Your home's electrical system is a vital component of your comfort and safety. Since all electrical installations deteriorate with use and age, it's recommended that you have a periodic inspection to check the condition of your electrical system. The frequency of inspections will depend on how old your home is and the number of appliances you have. Most electricians in Tampa recommend an inspection every three to five years.
Besides scheduling regular inspections for your home, there are several situations where you should have a licensed electrician inspect your system, including:
- Your circuit breakers trip frequently
- You have problems with fuses blowing
- Your outlets are two-pronged, not three-pronged
- Your lights flicker when an appliance turns on
- Your outlets and switches are not working normally
- Your switches or outlets are warm to the touch
- You are renovating or building on to your home
- You are adding a large appliance, such as an HVAC system
- You are planning to purchase a new home
What Does an Electrical Inspection Involve?
When you require an electrical inspection, you can trust our experienced electricians at JN Electric of Tampa Bay to get the job done right. If we find any issues, we are also equipped to resolve those problems quickly and effectively.
An electrical inspection typically involves:
- Testing electrical outlets for output and irregularities
- Locating any defective electrical work
- Inspecting the panel for damaged or inoperable breakers
- Determining if the electrical panel is overloaded
- Identifying potential fire hazards and electric shock risks
- Discovering any lack of grounding
Preventing Electrical Fires
One of the most frequent causes of home electrical fires is an arc fault. An arc fault can be caused by overheated, stressed, or damaged electrical wiring or devices. To prevent fires that are caused by arc faults, we can install Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) breakers or receptacles. These devices decrease the risk of fire by interrupting the flow of power when an arc fault occurs in the circuit, including within appliances plugged into it. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has estimated that over 50% of electrical fires that occur each year could be have been avoided by using AFCIs.
For quality electrical inspections and maintenance services in Tampa, call (813) 819-7444 today.
Positive: Responsiveness- David Gust
Trained, Professional, Friendly Team
No Short Cuts - the JN Way
Large Fleet of Trucks for Same-Day Service
Upfront Pricing & Free Estimates, Financing Available & Credit Cards Accepted
No Job too Big, No Job too Small
Trusted Contractor Since 1986