Tampa Electrical Panel Upgrades
Delivering the Quality You Deserve
Have you ever been up at night and notice the lights start flickering? Perhaps the circuit breaker trips randomly or cuts for no reason. The lights may suddenly turn off, leaving you stumbling in the dark to try to find the generator. If you have been repeatedly plagued by these problems, you are not alone. Many homeowners experience this electrical problem, which is not only annoying, but can be very hazardous to your electrical system and your own safety.
This frustrating set of circumstances is actually not as mysterious as it might seem. When you notice the above warning signs, your electrical panel needs to be upgraded. Without an upgrade or a “heavy up,” you will continue experiencing sudden outages and unsteady sources of light, due to your system’s current circuitry being unable to handle the amount of power it is transferring. Fortunately, this is an issue that JN Electric of Tampa Bay can readily solve. You can trust our knowledgeable team of professionals to install electrical panel upgrades in Tampa with absolute quality.
Call us today at (813) 819-7444 for a consultation about installing electrical panel upgrades that can better support your usage needs.
Signs You May Need an Electrical Panel Upgrade
Signs like constantly tripping circuits is a common sign that you might need to upgrade your electrical panel. The sooner you take care of this issue, the better – waiting to upgrade your home's electrical system can be incredibly dangerous, and can even lead to electrical fires in extreme cases.
Some common signs that you should look into upgrading your electrical panel include:
- An electrical panel that is more than 20 years old
- Constantly flickering lights
- Repeated circuit breaker trips, regardless of the weather
- Plans to increase the number of major appliances in your home
- Planning to get new or modernized appliances like a dryer, refrigerator, washer, freezer, or oven
Benefits of an Electrical Panel Upgrade
Investing in an updated electrical panel can seem like a difficult decision on account of its upfront costs. However, there are many advantages crucial to protecting the safety of you and your home.
Some of the best advantages of an upgrade include:
- More capacity to supply electricity in your home – Did you know that older houses, typically those older than twenty years, can only use 100 amps of power throughout the day? While this would have served our grandparents’ generation, our smartphones, laptops, TVs, and other digital devices require a lot more power to be charged. Now, newer homes with electrical upgrades are supplied with a capacity of 200 amps and higher, meaning you can safely utilize all your devices without fears they will get damaged.
- Greater safety for your household – The more electricity you use without proper protection, the greater the risk you have at damaging your electrical devices. Even worse, deteriorating outlets and wires are likely to malfunction, increasing the chance of you or your loved ones accidentally receiving a dangerous electrical shock. Not scheduling an upgrade can even result in hazardous fires.
- More convenience and flexibility – It can be very annoying and time-consuming trying to use a single appliance at one time, since you’re afraid of tripping the circuit. However, now you don’t need to worry about turning on your coffeemaker while using the toaster. Electrical panel upgrades provide you with optimal flexibility and convenience.
Don’t Delay in Household Safety
While we all appreciate the advance of modern technology and its convenience in our lives, we also need to take precautions that these additions come with the highest level of safety. Do not burden your home with an ineffective panel—get in touch with our professional, licensed, and insured team at JN Electric of Tampa Bay for dependable, quick service.
Contact us now at (813) 819-7444 to get a consultation about any of your electrical panel upgrade needs in Tampa.
It was a pleasure to have them both in our home.- Rhonda & Frank Marshall
Trained, Professional, Friendly Team
No Short Cuts - the JN Way
Large Fleet of Trucks for Same-Day Service
Upfront Pricing & Free Estimates, Financing Available & Credit Cards Accepted
No Job too Big, No Job too Small
Trusted Contractor Since 1986